What's this about?


I embarked on The Sketchbook Project because I really like the idea of artists all over the world giving their sketchbooks to be kept in a library, for anyone to look at. I chose the theme "Travel With Me", not because I'm going to actually travel anywhere, but because I consider wherever I am to be a stop on a journey, a place where I suddenly notice something beautiful or interesting, and feel the urge to make a drawing, a painting, or a photograph. I like the idea of carrying this little book around with me (something I've often done anyway), so that when I get that urge, I make the sketch, and later, people will be able to travel with me on my little journeys around my world.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Intersection of Braddock and Poplar Tree, 10/23/11

This is a busy intersection near my house. I love the complicated tangle of wires, and the large, colorful traffic lights in the foreground. I've photographed this from different angles, but this is the first time I stood there and drew it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice drawing! Makes the commonplace look like art. I am intrigued by the many, many wires coming, going, and branching off from those two many-armed poles, and also by the traffic lights. I have never seen ones with side-by-side lights like that before. If ever I drive were they are, I shan't be so surprised.

    ReplyDelete